Tips, Tools and Templates to help you build, maintain and sustain an effective neighbourhood association.
1.0 The Basics—Beginner
- 1.1 What is a Neighbourhood Association?
- 1.2 Why Start a Neighbourhood Association?
- 1.3 Getting Started
- 1.4 First Meeting
- 1.5 Meetings
2.0 Things To Do — Intermediate
- 2.1 Events
- 2.2 Environmental
- 2.3 Safety Projects
- 2.4 Welcome Package
- 2.5 Raising Funds
- 2.6 Communication
- 2.7 Membership
- 2.8 Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
- 2.9 General Meetings
3.0 Organization — Advanced
- 3.1 Boards and Committees
- 3.2 Bylaws & Constitution
- 3.3 Goals, Objectives and Plans
- 3.4 Mission, Vision, Values
- 3.5 Incorporation
This toolkit is part of a collaborative effort to support the development and sustainability of neighbourhood associations.
Most of the toolkit’s content comes directly from volunteers of London’s neighbourhood associations, who generously shared their time, experiences and expertise through a series of interviews.
The collaborative effort includes the London Strengthening Neighbourhoods Strategy, the Urban League of London, and the City of London, Neighbourhood, Children and Fire Services.
The following resources were also consulted in the development of this toolkit:
- City of Henderson Neighborhood Leadership Toolkit
- City of Sioux Falls Neighborhood Association Handbook
- City of Phoenix Neighborhood & Volunteer Toolkit
- A Toolkit for Community Leaders—Alberta Recreation and Parks Association
- Campus for Communities of the Future
All information in this toolkit is current as of September 2015.